With chugging tractors and clucking hens there are all kinds of interesting sounds on the farm.
In Phase 1 Phonics On the Farm, children can explore these sounds as they develop their phonics skills through engaging activities.
The software includes:
- An Introduction activity to introduce sounds used throughout the topic
- A Talking Story to introduce sounds in the context of a story
- 4 fun Auditory Activities covering the following skills:
- Activity 1 – listening to descriptions
Activity 2 – listening to and identifying environmental sounds/listening walk
Activity 3 – matching similar sounds/farm animals to their babies
- Activity 4 – initial letter sounds (c, f, g, h, b, r)
- 2 engaging Visual Activities
- Rhymes and songs
- Printable activity sheets
All activities and printable worksheets have two, differentiated levels providing support for less able pupils and a challenge for children with higher-level skills. This also supports the use of the resources across nursery and reception classes.
Each Disc has an accompanying Teacher's Book providing a guide through every activity, links to the Letters and Sounds document, plus great ideas for extension activities.