Non-fiction to engage children in reading for pleasure
Oxford Reading Tree inFact is a non-fiction series that aims to engage children in reading for pleasure as powerfully as fiction does.
This pack contains six books, one of each of Scratch's Bad Reputations, Our Siberian Journey, Tasty Travels, Top Ten Worst Jobs in History, Outdoor Art, and Real Heroes.
- Compelling and imaginative non-fiction titles to engage children in reading for pleasure as powerfully as fiction does.
- This series has authenticity at its heart, offering books written by experts who are passionate about their subject.
- It offers first-hand personal accounts; lyrical writing styles; quirky, child-friendly approaches to subjects and biographies of significant people from history.
- The subject matter supports the new content in the wider curriculum.
- Rich and varied text types develop comprehension skills including understanding non-fiction features.
- Stunning imagery, mixing photos with appealing artwork.
- Underpinned by Oxford Assessment and Levelling, matching every child with the right book for them through careful grading.
- The Series Editor is Nikki Gamble, Literacy expert.
- Reading notes on the inside covers support children with their reading.
- Teaching notes on Oxford Owl support independent reading, guided reading and writing activities.
Suitable for: Key Stage 1 teachers Y2 / P3 Pupils at Oxford Level 11 (Book Band 11 Lime) 6-7 year olds