Fabulous retellings of traditional stories from around the world
A diverse selection of traditional stories from around the world that will introduce junior readers to classic plots and powerful characters. These fascinating stories are beautifully illustrated to bring each tale to life.
The books are finely levelled, making it easy to match every child to the right book.
This pack contains 6 different books.
- Myths, legends and folk tales adapted especially for junior readers, including diverse stories from all over the world to introduce children to different cultures and traditions.
- An excellent springboard for talk, drama and writing.
- Books contain inside cover notes to support children in their reading. Help with children's reading development also available at www.oxfordowl.co.uk.
- The books are finely levelled, making it easy to match every child to the right book.
- The collections give clear reference to the genre of the story and how it typifies or extends it.
- A letter from the author explains the background of the stories prompting discussion about similarities and differences between stories that have evolved from different cultures around the world.
- Stories from a range of cultures to encourage awareness of heritage and to prompt a meaningful comparison of stories.
- Pronunciation guide in books to help children with unfamiliar words or names.
- Thought-provoking topics ideal for encouraging discussion and
Suitable for: Pupils at Oxford Level 14 and Oxford Level 15 [Book Band 13 Grey and Book Band 14 Blue] 8-10 year olds Y4 / P5 and Y5 / P6 Key Stage 2 teachers